Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Turkey Cupcakes

Although we have quite a while until the Thanksgiving holiday, I want to share these turkey cupcakes I made in 2012. These were the talk of my family celebration! I must say, these cupcakes were the longest I have ever spent on one baking project (they took me about 2 days to make--about 16 hours total). I started by baking the cupcake and then putting a layer of green frosting on the cupcake. The actual turkeys are Kraft caramels that I warmed up in the microwave and shaped like fondant. I wrapped some caramel around a pretzel stick and dipped the ends in the remaining white frosting. I then piped on the leaves in 3 different colors. Although these cupcakes are extremely time consuming, I was glad that I was able to make something perfect for the Thanksgiving holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment