Sunday, April 13, 2014

Art Cake

I like to call this cake my work of art! My inspiration came from a piece of work that my sister painted years ago. This is a two-layer vanilla cake with irish cream flavored frosting. For the small designs I used a Wilton 124 tip. I made one batch of frosting and divided it into four separate parts. I dyed one part blue, one part yellow, one part pink and one part green. I then put each colored frosting into four pastry bags. I started by piping one color, then moving on to the next and so forth. When I got to the last color, I used it to fill in all of the open spaces I had not covered on the cake. This cake took quite a bit of time and to be honest, I had no idea how it was going to turn out. I just went along with it as the cake progressed. I chose four colors that all went well together. With no plan from the start of this cake, I think it turned out well!

No comments:

Post a Comment