Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Father's Day Cake

As everyone should know, dads are one of the most important people in our lives. I myself, am a daddy's girl and I am also my dad's #1 fan! That is why Father's Day is one of the most important days out of the year for me and my dad. My dad and I have been golfing since I can remember and he was the one who taught me how to play the sport. A Father's Day tradition that my dad and I have is playing a round of golf every Father's Day. Golf is one of the only sports where you can bond with people and have fun at the same time! For this reason,  I wanted to bake a special cake for my dad. I came up with this golf cake! This golf cake is definitely one of my favorite cakes and in my opinion, my most creative. It wasn't the easiest to bake, but it turned out really well! It is a vanilla cake with amaretto frosting. I used brown sugar for the sand bunker and fondant for the flag and golf clubs.

1 comment:

  1. This is a cute cake with a great little story to go along with it! Thanks for sharing! This is a course where I wouldn't mind getting stuck in the rough, sand trap, or water hazard for they all look delicious.

    ReplyDelete