Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Construction Cake

This is a perfect cake for a young birthday boy! Personally, I baked this cake for my boyfriend who is pursuing a degree in construction management, which made him love it even more! It is so cute and actually looks like a construction site. 
I made this cake using mini toy trucks, Sixlets, chocolate cake, and it may not look like it, but the construction cones are actually candles! To be honest, this cake did take me quite a while, as most of my cakes do, but it was well worth the time. This cake was fairly easy to bake, but I am a perfectionist so it took me longer than most will likely take. This cake can be changed up in so many different ways. Crumbled Oreos can be used for the piles of dirt, but since my cake was so moist, I was able to mold the cake into dirt-looking piles and add them to the cake. You can also be creative with scraps that go into the bed of the dump truck. I just so happened to find Sixlets that were perfect for this cake. So, if you're looking for a fun and easy-to-bake cake, this construction cake might as well be your choice!

2 comments:

  1. I should know better than to visit your blog when I'm hungry. This stuff looks SO GOOD! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite, of all your posts! I wish I had someone special who I could impress with this cake!

    ReplyDelete