Thursday, March 20, 2014

Rose Cake

Mother's Day is just around the corner and every mother will love a cake like this! It is a lot easier to bake than it looks. This cake is a two layer red velvet cake with buttercream frosting. I used a 2D Wilton tip to pipe each rose. I started by piping the roses on the side of the cake first. I personally froze the cake right before I piped the roses on it so it was much easier and my finished product looked a lot cleaner! After piping the roses on the side of the cake, I worked on the top. I began piping roses on the outside in a clockwise motion and worked my way to the inside. Once you have finished piping the roses, there will be parts of the cake that are not covered by roses. When this happens, you can take your piping bag with the 2D tip and fill in the spaces by making lines along the outer edge of the roses. It is hardly noticeable. I thought a great way to finish off the cake and make it look perfect would be to lightly spray the cake with Wilton Pearl Mist. Voila!

2 comments:

  1. Cara, I'm not much of a baker, but this sure looks delicious...the pictures really help. Do you think you could embed some links in your posts to helpful sites to enrich the content? For example - I have no idea what a 2D Wilton is. Maybe you could add a link that explains what that is...or to a website where people can order one from. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sam! I sure can!
    2D Wilton is the tip that is used to pipe the flowers onto the cake. Here is a link: http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?sku=418-2004

    ReplyDelete