Wednesday, March 12, 2014

The Ultimate American Cake

America is the greatest country in the world! Every year, we celebrate America's birthday on the fourth of July. I baked this American flag cake on 2012 for my grandma's birthday (which also happens to be on the fourth of July). It was hands-down the talk of the party!


And surprise! It is red, white and blue on the inside!


This artsy cake is a vanilla cake with buttercream frosting. First I took my batter and divided it into two different batches. Using blue and red food coloring, I dyed one batch red and the other blue. I then baked the cakes and allowed them to cool completely. Using a cake leveler, I leveled the cakes and made a thick layer of frosting in between the blue and red layers. I then coated the whole cake with frosting using a spatula. For the flag design, I colored my frosting red and blue. Using the blue frosting, I carefully made a square on the cake using a spatula. I then used a Wilton tip #21 to pipe the stars and a Wilton tip #102 for the stripes. Not only is this cake patriotic, but it is fun and your party guests will discover an awesome surprise when they slice into your cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment